We actively pursue long-term relationships with suppliers based on responsible business practices and trust. In 2014 we began the roll-out of the Olam Supplier Code to priority products in key origins. The Code provides a comprehensive set of conditions to support Olam’s goal to purchase raw materials and products that are produced in a manner that is socially responsible, economically profitable and environmentally sustainable, establishing the standard to which all suppliers of Olam raw materials and products shall adhere.
It demands that suppliers:
- Commit to corporate governance and integrity
- Guarantee the quality of goods and services they supply
- Uphold labour standards and human rights
- Respect the natural environment
- Conduct their business in a way that honours local communities
- Ensure compliance
The Code was updated in April 2018.