Olam recognises that we depend on the engagement and motivation of our workforce to create profitable growth responsibly so we are committed to providing a safe workplace where everyone’s rights are protected. We also need our 4 million farmer suppliers to understand and uphold good labour practices which depends on their understanding and commitment despite barriers including education, culture and low income.
In this section we cover:
- Why labour is material to our business
- Key facts about our direct workforce
- Management priorities in our direct workforce
- Managing issues in supplier networks
- Progress on Olam’s goals
- Q&A with Chris Brett, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Do you see mechanisation helping or hindering emerging market communities?
- What are the factors contributing to child labour aside from lack of schools in emerging markets?
- What are your specific focus areas for 2016 – 2020?