Given the extent of our business – sourcing, trading, growing, processing and distributing crops and raw industrial materials, many considered to be ‘high-risk’ sustainability-wise, and in many in emerging markets, Olam has a wide and diverse stakeholder base. Engagement therefore happens at every level of the business, across products, geographies and functions.
Our stakeholders include:
- Employees and contract workers
- Large and small-scale farmer suppliers
- Customers from multinational brands and retailers to SMEs
- Campaigning NGOs
- Technical NGOs who are partners in many cases
- Financiers, including Development Finance Institutions
- Regulatory bodies such as the commodity exchanges
- Industry standard bodies
- Trade associations
- Certification partners
- Research Institutions
We are committed to following the Free, Prior and Informed Consent process for engagement with communities and have grievance procedures in place. A specific grievance procedure for palm oil can be found here.
For an update on our stakeholder engagement, please see our latest sustainability report.
We welcome questions – please email email@example.com