Olam Livelihood Charter
The Olam Livelihood Charter (OLC) formalises our long-standing commitment to invest in the rural communities of emerging countries across the world and we are committed to play an ongoing lead role in strengthening farmers within the global supply chain. We aim to bring prosperity to our farming and rural communities. We build long-term relationships based on fairness and trust. We seek to transfer skills and knowledge through partnerships.
OLC – application of 8 principles:
1. Finance We offer farmer groups interest-free shortand long-term finance for crop production, purchasing and asset investments.
2. Improved Yield We invest in training and support farmers with the supply of inputs.
3. Labour Practices We educate farmers on child labour, safety, gender and financial issues.
4. Market Access We offer farmers a fair and competitive price.
5. Quality We encourage farmers to produce good quality by enhancing value to farmers and our customers
6. Traceability We ensure products can be tracked to source and certified where required.
7. Social Investment We support rural health, education and infrastructure.
8. Environmental Impact We are improving our overall environmental footprint across the supply chain.