Midstream & Downstream
Olam has an integrated palm oil supply chain through our upstream plantation development, processing facilities and refineries in UK, Mozambique and Gabon. Today we are also sourcing palm oil products and trade globally.
Our main products including crude palm oil, palm kernel, palm kernel oil, which are obtained from both our own plantations and external sources. Our refineries and processing facilities are producing edible oil and specialty fats.
We have also achieved RSPO supply chain certification for the following facilities:
- Olam Food Ingredients Manufacturer, UK (approved on 22 May 2012)
- Olam Palm Gabon Awala Palm Oil Mill, Gabon (approved on 25 August 2016)
- Olam Palm Gabon Awala Palm Kernel Crushing Mill (approved on 22 July 2016)
Since 2014 we have conducted supply chain mapping which includes tracing back supplies to the mills, to gain full awareness of their supply base. As defined in our Sustainable Palm Oil Policy, Olam has committed to a time bound road map toward our end-to-end sustainable supply chain by 2020.
- All Palm Oil suppliers to Olam will have signed the Olam Supplier Code by the end of 2015
- Palm Oil supplies will be traced back to the sourcing mill of production through information verified from our suppliers.
- We will complete the work we started in 2014 on full traceability of our sources of Crude Palm Oil and Palm Kernel Oil (CPO and PKO) by the end of 2018. This will be based on verified targets for the following years: 2016 – 30%; 2017– 50% and 2018 – 100%
- Traceability of Palm Oil derivative products will be completed by the end of 2020. This will be based on the following verified targets: 2017 – 30%; 2018 – 50% and 2020 – 100%
- We will progressively work with our suppliers to eliminate uncontrolled and unsustainable sources by the end of 2020, including sources that do not conform to our Commitment on Forest Conservation.
Our Progress Report on Sustainable Supply Chain and Traceability is available to download above.