Established in 2008. From just 5400 MT of seed cotton in 2009, the first season after acquisition, SECO grew to 67,000 MT by 2015. Meanwhile, farmers in regions supported since 2009 increased their cotton production from 1.8 MT to 4.2 MT in 2015, while also increasing their food crop production – a clear demonstration of creating shared value through innovative business models. Our cotton produced in Côte d’Ivoire is 100% CMiA-certified since 2013.
- Supply base of 16,770 partner farmers in 593 cooperatives
- 1 factory, 17 warehouses, 18 offices
- 2 cotton gins in Ouangolodougou and Ferkessédougou
- Support to smallholder farmer’s livelihoods and well-being
- CMIA (Cotton Made in Africa) award for Outstanding Performance in 2015
- Finalist of the Unilever Global Development Award at the 2016 BITC Responsible Business Awards