Established in as a trading business in 1997, Olam’s Cocoa business has grown and recently became Olam Cocoa.
Côte d’Ivoire produces 40% of the world’s cocoa. Olam has the largest procurement network for sustainable cocoa in the country. We have two state-of-the-art grinding facilities, a greenfield in San Pedro built in 2012 and one in Abidjan through the acquisition of ADM’s worldwide cocoa business.
- A growing supply base of 85,000 partner farmers in 185 cooperatives and traders
- 2 state-of-the-art cocoa grinding factories (producing cocoa liquor, butter, and cake)
- 5 beans cleaning and bagging facilities; 16 warehouses and 6 offices
- N°2 register exporter in terms of volume
- Member of Cocoa Livelihoods Programme and the African Cocoa Initiative
- Founding member of Cocoa Action to promote productivity and develop the community
- One of the 12 signatories of the anti-deforestation agreement coordinated by WCF