Cocoa: Outspan Ivoire S.A., Olam Cocoa Processing S.A., Unicao
Established in as a trading business in 1997, Olam’s Cocoa business has grown and recently became Olam Cocoa.
Côte d’Ivoire produces 40% of the world’s cocoa. Olam has the largest procurement network for sustainable cocoa in the country. We have two state-of-the-art grinding facilities, a greenfield in San Pedro built in 2012 and one in Abidjan through the acquisition of ADM’s worldwide cocoa business.
- Supply base of 50,000 partner farmers in 125 cooperatives and traders
- 2 cocoa grinding factories (producing cocoa liquor, butter, and cake)
- 5 beans cleaning and bagging facilities; 16 warehouses and 6 offices
Cashew: Olam Ivoire S.A.
Established in 1994. Côte d’Ivoire has quadrupled its crop size to 700,000 MT in the last ten years, making it is the largest cashew producing and exporting country in the world. Olam is the market leader for both trading and processing, with 25% of traded volumes and 80% of processed volumes, respectively. Our factories are fully Organic certified.
- Supply base of 35,000 partner farmers and 200 traders
- 2 factories, 12 satellite units, 15 warehouses, and 9 offices
Coffee: Outspan Ivoire S.A.
Established in 1997. Through our strong trading network, we buy a third of the country’s 100,000MT of Robusta and are the largest exporters of Ivorian Robusta in North Africa, Europe and Asia. We lead the promotion of coffee sustainability and rejuvenation through farmer training, annual distribution of 400 hectares of high-yielding coffee seedlings, and financing 100 hulling machines. We are the only 4C-verified coffee exporter.
- Supply base of 5000 partner farmers and 130 traders
- 1 factory, 2 warehouses, 4 offices
Cotton: Société d’Exploitation Cotonnière Olam (SECO) S.A.
Established in 2008. From just 5400 MT of seed cotton in 2009, the first season after acquisition, SECO grew to 67,000 MT by 2015. Meanwhile, farmers in regions supported since 2009 increased their cotton production from 1.8 MT to 4.2 MT in 2015, while also increasing their food crop production – a clear demonstration of creating shared value through innovative business models.
- Supply base of 16,500 partner farmers in 525 cooperatives
- 1 factory, 17 warehouses, 18 offices
Established in 2016. Cote d’Ivoire is the largest exporter of rubber in Africa. 80% is produced by smallholders, There are many young plantations yet to start production, presenting opportunities for growth. Olam acquired SAIC, a crumb rubber processing facility
- Supply base of 10 cooperatives and growing
- 1 factory, 4 buying units
Transit: Mantra Invoire S.A.
Establihsed in 2006. Mantra is Olam’s in-house export-transit company, providing warehousing, stuffing and transit solutions to all Olam businesses in the country, and select external companies. Mantra is present in both port cities, Abidjan and San Pedro
- 2 logistics bases and 5 warehouses