Our Talent Development Focus
At Olam, we recognise that a key growth success factor is our ability to scale and replicate our leadership model. By aligning our talent management strategy to our overall business strategy, we are able to reinforce our capabilities and attain our business vision. Our competency-based development frameworks serve to continuously improve individual and organisational performance.
Our talent strategy is executed across five strategic thrusts:
- Securing the immediate and future talent needs of each of our businesses
- Enhancing our professional capabilities in key parts of our value chain
- Strengthening our emerging market expertise and leveraging our origin advantage
- Continuing to build and nurture our ‘winning’ culture
- Increasing the efficiency, effectiveness and reach of our talent systems to support growth
All newly-hired managers undergo a carefully-designed five week Induction Programme, while management graduates undergo a six-month Management Trainee Programme comprising classroom sessions, project work and on-the-job training.
Our milestone leadership development programmes are designed to enhance competencies at key stages of the leadership lifecycle. These include the New Leadership Program for first level managers, Mastering Your Leadership Skills for profit centre heads, Strategic Leadership Skills for senior business leaders and Country Leadership Skills for country managers.